||ASP.NET(C#), ASP.NET(VB), ASP.NET(General)
When running a .NET page in Live Page mode or when trying to view a page after publishing it to the web server, the web browser displays any of the following errors:
- Server Error in '/' Application
- Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to
service this request. Please review the following specific parse error
details and modify your source file appropriately.
- Parser Error Message: Could not load type
This error usually happens on Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP running
ASP.NET applications (VB.NET, C#) and is often caused by the URL not pointing to
a virtual directory on the Web server. For example you may be executing the URL http://localhost/websitename
, which may be pointing to a folder that was not setup as virtual directory.
Follow these steps to create Virtual Directory in IIS:
1. Start the Internet Information Services (IIS) administration tool (snap-in) from
the Control Panel.
2. Navigate to the Website that you'd like to setup as a Virtual Directory,
right click on it and select 'Properties'.
3. In the 'Directory' tab click "Create" button, then click
4. Verify that the yellow folder icon in IIS has changed to a multi-color icon
indicating virtual directory.
This issue doesn't require further action.
120622 times. Last updated: 9/21/2004 1:00:50 AM